In this discussion panel with respected economy experts, we will explore topics that are important to every forward-looking business leader:
- GDP forecasts
- Impacted industries
- External factors, like oil prices and VAT in KSA
- Future outlook and its meaning for business owners and investors
- Ms. Hind Al Youha – Director of Investment at the Ministry of Economy, UAE
- Ms. Al Youha participated in the UAE’s economic strategic plan that is aligned with UAE’s Vision 2021. Combined with her federal experience, Al Youha has participated in the first economic policy and strategic plan of Dubai. Ms. Al Youha supervised the preparation and finalization of the 3rd Report of the UAE Trade Policy Review which was conducted by the World Trade Organization in 2016. Ms. Al Youha took a remarkable part in the Federal Law by Decree No. (19) of 2018 Regarding Foreign Direct Investment and in the development of the positive list which includes all sectors that grant Investors 100% ownership in mainland.
- Prof. Gayle Allard – Professor of Managerial Economics at IE Business School (Madrid, Spain)
- She is a native of California, although she has lived and worked in Europe for 25 years. She studied at the University of California (PhD in Economics) and Johns Hopkins University (Master in International Affairs), and her research has centered on labor markets, in particular the position of youth and immigrants in European labor markets and how labor-market rigidities affect unemployment. Recently her passion for development issues has led her to do research and lead student projects in African countries, especially Ethiopia, where she and students are helping the U.S. company Kinetico develop a project for clean water.
- Prof. Selahattin Dibooglu - Professor and Chair, Department of Finance and Economics at the University of Sharjah
- He also is member of the Board of Directors, Society for the Study of Emerging Markets. Prior to his current position, he was a Professor at the University of Missouri St Louis and an Associate Professor at Southern Illinois University Carbondale in the USA. He also has been a Visiting Professor at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Mendel University in Brno, Czech Republic, and Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics in Nanchang, China. His research has been in Financial Markets, Banking, International Finance and Applied Macroeconomics. He has published more than fifty articles in various top Economics and Finance journals.
- Mr. Tadeuš Dobrovolskij – Partner at Empyrean Advisors and Board Member of the Russian Club UAE
- Tadeuš built his career leading transformational projects for Fortune 500 companies, where he developed his passion for working with diverse, multicultural teams. In 2017 he joined Empyrean Advisors where he has since worked with dozens of companies across North America, Europe and Middle East regions in industries ranging healthcare, construction, real estate, digital advertising, recycling and IT helping entrepreneurs achieve their growth ambitions. As a researcher, Tadeuš has published a country analysis about the UAE and its economy in 2019.
Venue: online, you can participate without leaving your home or office.
Date: Wednesday, 08 July 2020 at 15:00 (UAE time).
Participation fee: free, but registration is required.
Language of the event: English (interpretation to Russian will be available)